Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son bought a 2002 SV650 today, can anyone give me an idea of its performance please. IE Top Speed

0-60MPH

1/4 mile time.
This is just out of curiosity, I don't want to go out and find out myself :lol4:

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Probably low 12s and 3.5 or so. As always, depends on the rider.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK guys , lets have it ! What is the fastest you have had your SV650 up to, be honest now:lol4:

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
ZX-9R up to 240km/h [148mph], but not for long. probably under 5 seconds of actually staying up there at that speed, then letting it drop down to a sedate 120km/h [74mph].

had my car (a '99 Honda Prelude SH) up to sustained 235km/h on a highway, for quite long stretches at a time. was trying to get the speedo to max out, but the side view mirrors and small rear spoiler were probably causing enough drag to make those last 5km/h impossible to get. plus i kept on coming up to other traffic ahead of me (this is around 10pm, so i was "hopping" from one cluster of cars to another).

·
Banned
647 Posts
Deleted by Mtalicarox

·
Banned
647 Posts
Probably low 12s and 3.5 or so. As always, depends on the rider.
Rowdy - in your own words - take 10 seconds and google it.

From Sportrider.net

Motorcycle - SV650S ('04)
Quarter Mile Sec @ MPH - 12.02 @ 108.9
60 - 80 MPH (in seconds) - 5.24
80 - 100 MPH (Seconds) - 5.71

Hope this helps some :)

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
I didn't need to, now, did I?

No, no, no. Do not make this a head-swelling how-fast-have-you-gone thread.

·
Banned
647 Posts
apparently so, because you guess answered 1 question, then said it depends on who is driving

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
I answered two of three, whereas you answered one of three, and it does. Here's the answer to the third: Mid 130's.

·
Registered
128 Posts
not sure of the 650 performance data, but have had my 1000 up to and indicated 168mph

·
Banned
647 Posts
... thats not the 650!!! haha i had my gixxer up at 177 on the highway.. wayy tooooo fastttt i know.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like no one here who owns a SV650 rides fast ! I would just like to know what they max out at out of interest. I rode my lads bike today , it sure is sweet. Not my style but it does ride nice.

·
Registered
150 Posts
All the speedo's read high for a reason.

I've had the SVs 07 up to 145 indicated. Thats actually 130mph. All the speedo's read 10% high from the factory but the odo's are spot on unless you change tire size.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
The SV650S is fast enough to get you in trouble, as any can.

My Speedo is 6% too high compared to a GPS unit.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Oh, forgot to mention...

The SVS has 15/44 for sprockets IIRC, and the regular SV has 15/15, so the naked version has a tad less top end a bit more acceleration.

Since it is his first bike, I would recommend for upgrades:

1. Better/more gear
2. Motosliders frame sliders
3. Suzuki Gel seat
4. Windscreen

Number one is obvious. Motosliders are the best sliders for the SV.

Windscreen and gel seat are interchangeable. I didn't like rolling 70-80 down the freeway w/o a windscreen. And to simply put it, the stock seat sucks major donkey balls.

·
Registered
91 Posts
whats an SV650? :whistle:

d

1 - 20 of 21 Posts