Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from the Toronto Motorcycle show. 9+ hours on the road but it was worth it. This show is very manufacturer oriented and they had good representation of the mainstream makes. The one no-show that really disappointed me was Triumph. Korean maker, Huyosung, had a presence at the show and their bikes actually looked petty good.

It looked like most of the makers had their full lines there and you could sit on each model. Most makes had at least two of each bike. The best setups had the bike in chocks so you could really try out the riding position. Around the perimeter there were various vendors. This show wasn't really about selling gear but it appeared there were deals to be had. I wasn't looking for anything so I didn't spend too much time shopping.

Since I'm new to the sport (it is a sport right?) it was great for me to get a chance to sit on every bike I might consider in the future and many that I wouldn't (Goldwing anyone?). There were staff reps close by but this was more of an exposition than a sales event so unless you asked questions, there was no sales-dude hovering around.

With all the free standing bikes, easy access and all the kids climbing on them I was surprised not to see a single dropped bike.

If you want to see one of pretty much every common bike and get a chance to see how it feels to sit on. I highly recommend this show.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I agree the show was great. We too were impressed with Hyosung, my wife has found a bike for her. Now we just have to get her, her license. And there were a few good deals. But wow you drove from Ottawa, isnt there a bike show in Ottawa in January or something?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I wouldn't say we have a bike show here in Ottawa. I was told the organizer alienated all the local dealers (this was from one of the dealers) and so none of them showed up. Honda was the only manufacturer to show up at all and only with a few bikes. Most of the show was made up of gray ponytailed wannabees wandering around in their MC leathers. I hope they get their act together or the Ottawa show is done for.

The drive was long but it was worth it. Where else can you get seat time on pretty much every mainstream bike in one place with no one hassling you?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Went to this show on Saturday, was also suprised that Triumph was a no show, we thought we missed them somehow. I was mostly looking at dual sports, KTM, kawi - KLRs and zuki - DRs. The KTM 525 EXC is a damn nice bike, at 250 lbs I don't think theres another enduro that really compares but its around 10k CAD. The KLR 650 is only around $6500 but an extra 80 lbs.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Brad_M50 said:
I just added several pics in the member photo area under my nick if this link doesnt work.
http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=7833

How did you know I had a soft spot for the VMax. Looks like you redeemed the group Brad. When one belongs to MC forum and attends a show without a camera...well, it's like entering a fishing derby and leaving your rod at home...:p

It just don't make sense. Thanks again, nice shots.
Looking forward to our show in Jan.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was considering going to both. But, I had my fill and now I just want the winter to be over so I can ride again.

As for not bringing a camera... what's the point of taking a bunch of poorly lit pictures of commonly available bikes? You can find lots of professional photos of these machines on the Web. I supose I could have posted pics of me sitting on said bikes but... nah, the world doesn't need to see that.

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
so what exactly is the limitation in the gallery? The Chicago show will come around in February and I plan on filling up the entire 2 gig card.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts