Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I just got a Used (11K) VStar 1100 Silverado and TourMaster Synergy 2.0 Heated Gear (Jacket Liner, Chaps Liner, Gloves, Souls) and twice have had to be towed to the shop from a Dead Battery. Shop say's I can
upgrade the Stator for 500.00 otherwise TM Heated gear is zapping all the juice and especially on High Setting complete drain. Get where I'm going after full recharge but never turns when trying to go home.
I've picked up a Portable 24000 mAh 12Volt Power Supply Jumper type thing hoping the gear will work off that out of my Saddle bag but have anyone had this problem and fixed to use the Battery Attached TourMaster
Cable and gear like you would expect. Aparently the VStar operats at 161 Watts leaving only 100 Watts at best so what's the fix? Any recommendations?
:twisted::twisted:

·
Super Moderator
12,163 Posts
Hope your "fix" works 'cause that's about the only practical solution.

The real problem is that you have TOO MUCH heated gear and are operating on a setting that is too high.

Most often a jacket liner with a good coat over it and heated gloves is all that is really needed.....set on low or medium......along with something warm on the bottom (long johns).

A little testing with a voltmeter should tell you how much you can use before the voltage drops so low that you aren't charging anymore.

By now your battery probably needs to be replaced too.
And it's always possible that the stator was shot before you started this but some simple measurements can rule that out. Sounds to me like the shop already did that.

What kind of low temps do you ride in anyway ??

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I have to agree way to much heated gear. Each to their own though. About the only thing in that bunch I would use is the heated gloves.I have a long tourmaster armored coat with liner .If it is really cold I can wear a sweat shirt under it. I wear thermal long johns under my armored jeans and I've always been comfy.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts