Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and new to bike mechanics. I know what I want, just not how to achieve it. I'm sure someone far smarter and talented than myself has pulled it off. I'm buying a 2006 Suzuki Boulevard C109R. I'm using it as a base for my "dream" bike. I don't like the gauges on the tank or bars. What I'm wanting to do is remove them and in the custom fairing I'm designing install a tablet as my head unit. The purpose for this is primarily aesthetics and functionality. One place that can handle all gauges, navigation, and music. I have found software such as Dashlink that runs real time from a OBDll port that can display a multitude of gauges. From what I've read Suzuki's operating system will only allow one piece of info to read at a time. Has anyone converted to an aftermarket all in one digital display? I highly doubt I'm the first to want an all in one custom solution.

·
Super Moderator
12,659 Posts
WAY too complicated to be practical.
And I doubt that anyone has actually tried to do that with a bike that old.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
WHS^ ...the entire program would have to rewritten and most likely the ECU replaced assuming you can get one that will work for a resonable price. Plus trying to read a specific output from a multitude of readouts could be dangerous whilst riding. Far better to build the bike around a regular dash if you can find one to do the job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts