Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
inspiron said:
:wtf: are you doing on your bike at 7am on Sunday? You should be at home, in bed, next to your wife! (Or were you on the way there?)
Why you sleeping in? Your missijng the best time to ride! I like getting out at 5 AM. "Dawn Patrol" ride! There is no better time to be on your bike. By 9AM all the squids and LEOs are out, so then it's cruise time! :mrgreen:

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,182 Posts
I'll be on the road at that hour in 2 weeks, when I go to the Love Ride - I have to be in Zurich by 8:30am, which means I'm leaving the house at 7:00am (since I don't want to take the Autobahn the whole way).

And two weeks later, I've got my safety training, beginning at 9:00am in Interlaken - 90 minutes on the Autobahn, on a Friday morning :roll:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Gixxerdale said:
Why you sleeping in? Your missijng the best time to ride! I like getting out at 5 AM. "Dawn Patrol" ride! There is no better time to be on your bike. By 9AM all the squids and LEOs are out, so then it's cruise time! :mrgreen:
5am?? I didn't goto bed till 1:30-2:00 am (note post time ;) ) None of the CFCR rides start before 9am and thats for good reason no one would do them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
wow i learned a lot just reading this thread..and ordered Proficient Motorcycling soon as i finished. i only been riding for about a solid year but had my bike for about 2. great info guys. thanks no im gonna apply some of this to my riding.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had my first Yikes! moment in a turn today. I was cruising moderately (about 30mph) around a tight curve that I'm familiar with and hit nearly every day. Anyway, just past the apex of the curve, that dam*ed Geico squirrel jumped out of tree overhead and landed on the road about 15 feet in front of me.

The sucker did NOT run out into the road, he either fell or jumped from an overhead limb. He flew straight down into the road in front of me. I quickly straightened up, swerved to avoid the bugger, and leaned WAY over to finish the curve.

I was SO proud of myself for my quick reaction that didn't end up in the weeds or worse sliding on the asphalt.

I was on my way to pick up my son at a friend's house and I had his helmet perched on my sissy bar. That was the only casualty in the incident. That sucker flew off and hit the ground hard. I had to turn around and go back for it.

When I got to where my son was, I told him I had bad news-good news-bad news-good news-bad news...

Bad news: his helmet had an accident
Good news: his head wasn't in it at the time
Bad news: he can't wear it any more (it had custom graphics on it)
Good news: he gets a new helmet
Bad news: I can't afford one right now

He stayed with his friend while I went home to get the cage...
nice job on the swerve! but it only bein a squrell not a cat or a dog i would have hit the thing and not looked back. maby slow to a stop in a safe place to get the adrenalen down to a safe level. but if its me or the squrell or some kind of yip yip dog........that ^@@#*($ is dead!:twisted:

·
Registered
18 Posts
PIN**

i was wondering how much time in general you spend on the highways traveling those speeds at all let alone on those type of curves -- are you "intimidated" at ll by being out on superslab??

i was asking because its a weird thing for me turning on the highway and even some of the ramps we have around here a ramp or two in particular that i always feel the need to back it down pretty good for, yet we have a local road RTE 345 thats really twisty and visited by many riders on teh weekends just for that reason -- and there is plenty of times i've caught myself taking way tighter corners on this road at speeds approaching or beyond what i've taken teh off ramps at -- for me i think the duration of the curve seems to play a big factor as much as speed because i am in the lean longer i spend more time -- thinking about it and self critiqueing--then on a shorter duration turn that i just execute and then concentrate on whats next

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Trackdays t-r-a-c-k-d-a-y-s :bluethum:

Safe environment, fast learning...

Downside: It's too much fun :lol4:

41 - 50 of 50 Posts