Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in law has a chance to buy a 2008 Vstar custom for $2500. It has a dented tank. That is supposed to be all that is wrong with it, don't know the mileage

He wants it for my sister,his wife. Would this make a good bike for a woman?

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
sure, I would think so - although as I recall, it has a bit of a "bigger bike" feel than you would expect for a 650.

·
Registered
10 Posts
A 2008 for $2,500, on the face of it, is a good price. Some depends on how sever the dent is and what caused it, because other things could be broken and not divulged. You need to ride it or at least really look it over. It's a great girls bike. Everyone is so concerned with the highway, when in fact, most people ride A LOT more on surface streets, etc. It'll do the job on the super, but if ya think you are going coast to coast, take the bus.

·
Registered
13,238 Posts
I would think either ebay or craigslist would beat that price, but then again, you would have to either paint the tank or the fiberglass panels (I don't know what they're called) to match.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm 5'6" and weigh 130lb and I can manage a VStar 650 perfectly well. So yes, this motorcycle will be manageable for most women.
It's a shaft drive, so you lose a lot of power to that. However I still found it quite adequate in most circumstances. 0-60 is plenty fast; its low-end acceleration is awesome. The only times I found myself wanting another gear was when I was cruising at 70 and wanted to jump to 80 to pass someone. Otherwise it's fine, can cruise at 70 or 80 with a passenger no problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts