Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: New to the forum and I am stumped with a problem with my new bike. To start with I am very well versed in the old school bikes pre 70's and I have just bought a 1998 Yamaha v star 650 from my nephew. Problem....when cold to start it I have to open the air filter housing and use my hand as a choke opening my fingers as it warms. After two min it will run on its own. When warm it will start every time. I have been through the carbs three times. Changed plugs and installed new primary needles. Checked the following, wirers, connections, fuel pump, fuel flow, battery etc. I have even run seafoam through. Still starts hard cold. After yesterdays run (30) miles I have a new bird chirping soun coming from under my leg left side front of motor. Right by the air pump. Can not get a good location as it is only on acceleration. Stops if I throttle down clutch in and coast but you can hear it if I rev. Bike has 8000 miles. I have new intake boots coming in tomorrow. Any one with ideas will help. By the way pulling out the choke(enricher) does nothing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts