Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While not at fault IMO he was going a bit fast for in town and through an intersection.
He's very lucky he was not killed, hopefully both he and the young driver with a permit learned something there.
I would recommend all the newbies here watch this and learn as well, a real seasoned rider probably would have slowed down and seen this might happen and avoided the collision.
When I approach an intersection like that I'm looking right at that driver to try and figure out what they'll do and if they see me or not.

Shocking motorcycle crash caught on camera - KPTV - FOX 12

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
OUCH!!. He said he hit his brakes but it sure doesn't look like it.

Another situation that worries me when riding in town is folks pulling into the road and using the turn lane to get into traffic. You never know if they are going to stop tuning in the turn lane or just pull straight into your lane. I watch em close. :shock:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Good argument for wearing a helmet and at least long pants. When entering an intersection always slow and scan other vehicles entering especially those making a left turn.
Has there been a pinned thread where older, experienced riderscould advise less seasoned riders on safety?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Good argument for wearing a helmet and at least long pants. When entering an intersection always slow and scan other vehicles entering especially those making a left turn.
Yep I agree with all your points. Myself, I do those things:bluethum:

·
Super Moderator
12,160 Posts
Has there been a pinned thread where older, experienced riderscould advise less seasoned riders on safety?
That happens every day on here......but many don't seem to want to listen. :roll:

The lesson learned here should be:
Always, ALWAYS assume that an opposing vehicle poised to make a left turn in front of you does not see you.
The rider was going WAY too fast for the condition that was presenting itself.

He is one lucky SOB.

Then......riding with tennies and not even fully laced up at that; not good.

And kind of another subject but a guy that says "I only have one pair of shoes"..... yet he is riding what appears to be a shiny NEW bike ????
I wonder how many kids he has ??

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
And kind of another subject but a guy that says "I only have one pair of shoes"..... yet he is riding what appears to be a shiny NEW bike ????I wonder how many kids he has ??
You can tell what year that bike is? How much he paid for it? When he bought it?
Dial back your holier than thou attitude. Because your %%%% stinks just like everyone elses.

·
Super Moderator
12,160 Posts
The truth is the truth my friend.
Making a comment on that is fair game on "social media".
Or are you voting for censorship ??

He is NOT married.....but has one kid and only one pair of shoes.....yet he could "afford" a new paint job on his bike.

Am I judging him ?? You're damn right I am.
It's a fair bet that sometime in the near future MY tax money will be supporting his family.......and not because of the bike accident either.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
The truth is the truth my friend.
Making a comment on that is fair game on "social media".
Or are you voting for censorship ??

He is NOT married.....but has one kid and only one pair of shoes.....yet he could "afford" a new paint job on his bike.

Am I judging him ?? You're damn right I am.
It's a fair bet that sometime in the near future MY tax money will be supporting his family.......and not because of the bike accident either.
You are a real piece of work. Shame he wasn't killed to save your precious tax money? How pathetic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts