Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there riders just have a question for my 2009 VLR1800 suzuki boulevard. I am having a problem with my head light, when i turn the key on the light wont come on, and i totally cleaned the hi / low switch and checked all the connections and traced the wires for wear spots and found nothing. found that my head light bulb hi beam was burnt so i changed the bulb thinking that was it but KNOW. But to let you know that after awhile the light comes on with know problem with Hi beam or Low beam switch working great. its got me stumped, my thought is that there is some sort of relay that is failing but not sure where to look. Found that there is a recall on the rectifier / regulator so not sure if that might be the problem but im thinking that that would just affect the charging system. but what do i know. SO IF A BROTHER / SISTER COULD HELP ANOTHER BROTHER OUT THAT WOULD BE GREAT THANKS

·
Super Moderator
12,541 Posts
Likely that there IS a relay that keeps the headlight OFF until the engine starts......and it isn't working right.
Most all "modern" bikes work that way.
Hope someone here knows about that.
A shop manual with a wiring diagram would help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts