Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2006 C50T. Suzuki did not provide a gas gauge, just an Idiot light and I have no idea how much gas is left or how far I can go when the "Low Gas" light does come on. Earlier and later models did get a gas gauge.

Does anyone know if I can do something that would allow an earlier or later model gas tank instrument cluster, with a gas gauge, to work on my bike?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I dunno but you can use your odometer if you know roughly how far you can go on a tank.
It's a good ides to gas up often anyway and you should always try to park it with a full tank at home when you're done riding to prevent tank rust.

·
Super Moderator
13,408 Posts
Does anyone know if I can do something that would allow an earlier or later model gas tank instrument cluster, with a gas gauge, to work on my bike?
Doubtful. If there was, it would be costly and you really don't gain ANYTHING that you can't do with the trip ODO.......or even with the main ODO and a pencil. :bluethum:

Other owners maybe can tell you how much you have in "reserve" when the light comes on.
Typically it is 30 miles or so......whether it be a real reserve, a needle pointing to E or a light coming on; no real difference.

·
Registered
54 Posts
There is no "reserve." We have a 4.1 gallon tank, ideally the fuel light starts blinking when you have burned 3 gallons, when you burn 3.5 gallons the fuel light stays on. Best to have a gas station in mind when that happens. Assuming you get around 50mpg, when the light starts flashing & you are over 51 miles from a gas station you should be wearing your comfortable walking boots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts