Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figure for all of the advice I've received here, that I owe you all this warning:

Stay away from vikingbags.com. I made a post a couple of weeks ago about buying some bags from there, and shortly after I made the post I ordered them. Someone followed up noting that Vikingbags looked identical to "Mutazu" bags which were about half the price. I looked, and they were correct. I went online and cancelled the order with viking. I also emailed them, and requested a response. I also tried calling them - during their small window of business hours, on a line with no voicemail. I called them a total of 10 times, and emailed 4 times in a 1 week period - nothing. Finally, someone answered and told me that they had not received my cancellation, but had not yet processed my order, so they cancelled it. Funny, a week after the order, the item hadn't shipped when they didn't receive the cancellation.

Anyways, I thought all was fine, but the next day on my credit card, their charge showed up. I called back... 7 times to date, no answer. Another 3 emails. Nothing. Called Visa today to open a dispute. Save yourself the hassle, there are lots of other places to buy bags on the web. If they do make good, I'll be sure to let you all know. I have a feeling I'm out about $250.00.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Nah... Visa will take care of it. Exact same thing happened to me on a bike parts order. I cancelled because they never shipped the product after repeatedly telling me they would. After I disputed it, and Visa charged it back to them, they shipped it overnight. I just sent it back. No problems.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Sounds like a problem to me. A big hassle.

There are companies all over the web like that. Most are the bait-and-switch variety, where they list product super cheap, then call you to tell you it doesn't include the things that should be in the box and you'll have to pay extra. A lot extra. Asking to cancel often gets you hung up on or a rude argument.

My point? Check your sellers. Don't be gullible. Know what your product should cost and don't expect to pay half that for it.

http://www.resellerratings.com

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will stick to Phat Performance in the future. These guys just had, what I thought, was a one-of-a-kind product. If you read their site, it's very well done, so it seemed legit. I buy online all the time, from IT products, to aviation parts, and motorcycle accessories and have never run into this before. I'm sure Visa will take care of it. Err... Visa WILL take care of it, or I'll open up a mastercard account.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
They will, assuming you have some documentation of the attempts to contact the vendor and have your story straight. They have to weed out the legitimate problems from the ones that just make stuff up to get out of paying for a product, or or po'd because they ordered the wrong thing.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Sounds like a problem to me. A big hassle.

There are companies all over the web like that. Most are the bait-and-switch variety, where they list product super cheap, then call you to tell you it doesn't include the things that should be in the box and you'll have to pay extra. A lot extra. Asking to cancel often gets you hung up on or a rude argument.

My point? Check your sellers. Don't be gullible. Know what your product should cost and don't expect to pay half that for it.

http://www.resellerratings.com
That kind of happened to me but it worked out. I bought some mirrors online for like $30 + shipping. I wanted the $50 mirrors but that was just too much. Well, they sent me the $50 mirrors instead of the $30 ones. I thought it was an accident but when I opened them up, the glass in one of the mirrors was broken. I realized that it wasn't an accident. My brother-in-law owns a glass and body shop and he replaced the mirror for free. So I got $50 mirrors for $30.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the heads up tehsteve. I was just on ebay and say the Mutazu bags and noticed they looked oddly familiar. Then I looked on the viking bag website and saw that they were...and to think I was thinking of doing that exact same thing. Glad I waited.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I called viking bags before odering and showed my concerns about. some companies are posting against viking bags because they can not compete on quality and price. Viking hard bags i have found out are cheapest and best quality with durable lock. The saddlebags are also nice which my wife bought. Great customer service had absolutly no problems. In these ages no company which has such wonderful site and biggest variety for motorcycle luggage would try to steal your 250$, i think its next to impossible because u can not get away from authorities. They are number one for motrcycle luggage. I wont try to mislead my fellow bikers. Long live bikers:bluethum:

·
Super Moderator
12,549 Posts
They are number one for motrcycle luggage. I wont try to mislead my fellow bikers.
A lot of things can change in the almost 3 years that have passed since this thread was started. :shock:
I don't think anybody in this thread was trying to mislead anybody.........do YOU ???

P.S. No real Hells Angel rides a Honda. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
821 Posts
I called viking bags before odering and showed my concerns about. some companies are posting against viking bags because they can not compete on quality and price. Viking hard bags i have found out are cheapest and best quality with durable lock. The saddlebags are also nice which my wife bought. Great customer service had absolutly no problems. In these ages no company which has such wonderful site and biggest variety for motorcycle luggage would try to steal your 250$, i think its next to impossible because u can not get away from authorities. They are number one for motrcycle luggage. I wont try to mislead my fellow bikers. Long live bikers:bluethum:
Google translator anyone?

And personally I think it IS malicious to be a one man drop ship and represent yourself to be a true retailer. People expect a certain level of customer satisfaction when making a transaction and there is NO WAY a one man drop shipper can provide that. I got into a fight with one before. Lowest price on the product and same MO as op No voicemail, no response to email but they sure called me quick when I had Citicard kill the transaction.

And btw I know my bags are very expensive and not many ppl want to spend that kinda cash on em but the company Tsukayu had possibly the best customer service I have ever experienced. Answered all my email questions within a couple hours, bags came in a fiberglass crate that was padded and bolted together (I use it to store parts now), Directions were spot on, and when one of my integrated led's failed they sent me 2 entire sets of them (board with lights, resistor and all wires) next day overnight for free. Now to me THAT kind of service makes the cash I spent worthwhile.

·
Registered
4,801 Posts

Well I'm certainly convinced, especally when you factor in the long relationship Mr. hellsangle has with this forum, and all the other helpful information he has passed on about other retailers getting a bad and totally undeserved rap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Oh wait a minute, Mr. hellsangle has only made two posts on here, and both of them were to promote Viking Bags hummmm, now I'm starting to think something could be rotten in Denmark (no offence to the Den's), maybe I'm not all that convinced after all.

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,183 Posts
Rickster, there is nothing rotten in Denmark. If you're looking for rotten in Europe, you need to go to Greece, Portugal or Ireland. :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought some bags from Viking Bags! They said they shipped on 4/15....now they say they're on back order......now they're moving from Ca. to Chicago...now I'm calling PayPal!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts