Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 3869 Posts

·
May 2007 Member of the month
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Water Cooler Thread- How hard part deuce!!!!

Ok so everyone likes to gossip and cut up. Just to see what the heck is going on with everyone. With the demise of the loved and hated "How Hard" thread where can everyone just shoot the breeze??? Maybe we need a place that we can do just that. The idea was tossed around a long time ago about making a chat room but the logistics and the average use made it unfeasible.

I suggested that we kill that other thread because it drifted just too far from it's original course. It had become known as the following. "Catch All", "Boys Play Room", "He Man Woman Haters Club", "Space for the Hard Ups", and the latest "Water Cooler". drgibson suggested that it was a water cooler thread.

Previous posts and suggestions have said that the forum needed a catch all so that all the BS could float there and the serious questions and topics would be able to stay on topic for the most part and maybe the hijacking would be cut down.

Not looking to get banned or anything,, but maybe we should start a "Water Cooler Thread".

So here it is. "The Water Cooler Thread". Post what is happening in your life you want to share. Discuss whatever with anyone.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Would you believe it? Six days sober!!! No beer! No Jack! No nothing! Wife and kids love it! Not so sure about me!!!! LOL!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
You should try bowling without beer! Worst series in three years!!! Oh well!
We still took three games. I thought my team mates were going to start forcing Jack down my throat after the first two games!!! LOL. But I rebounded well. Now, I have to learn how to bowl again sober!!!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Actually got a good one for ya. Might bring a tear to your eye...

I got home yesterday afternoon and started making dinner and my door bell rang. I answered the door to see my neighbor standing there.
"Hey man, come on in", I said.
"Can't right now but wanted to tell ya that when I got home today your bike was on its side."
Tears instantly rise.
"Which one?!?!?!?"
"The one with the cover on it." (The M50)
Tears start flowing.
"WHAT??!?!?!?!"

We head out to the parking lot and uncover the bike. Anyone who's lived in Colorado knows how strong the wind can be and it had actually thrown it over on the high side. :(

So as I get the cover off I hear something rattling around. <MOTHER FUDGER!!> As I get the cover off I hear something hit the concrete and grab the flashlight to see what the heck it was. I find it and see what is left of my ISO grip. It broke right off at the first weak part where the rubber is on both sides. Helmet lock, busted, Throttle boss... Good still. I start inspecting the rest of the bike and it looks like the mirrors broke free and swung to the middle before it fell so no damage there. Tank with the purty paint... No damage. Peddle was fine but a little scratch on the rear brake. Exhaust had one ding in it and was actually small enough that it could be mistaken for a rock ding.

All in all my tears dried up and it looks as if the right grip took the grunt of the punishment. Time to put the bikes in a buddy's garage, and THEN put the cover on. ;)

TT

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
trappercase said:
Trapper sneaks up on the Teach at the water cooler and............................

Work server blocking the pic, but I dunno if I want to see it. lol

·
May 2007 Member of the month
7,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Teach said:
Work server blocking the pic, but I dunno if I want to see it. lol
No Teach,, you probably don't HAHA!!!! Sorry to hear about that. Man I couldn't imagine wind that strong to blow a bike over on it's stand. Must've been the fact that the cover created a sail or something. Dang!!!!!:twisted:

·
Beer. Nature's Unstoppable Force.
13,226 Posts
The Teach said:
Actually got a good one for ya. Might bring a tear to your eye...

I got home yesterday afternoon and started making dinner and my door bell rang. I answered the door to see my neighbor standing there.
"Hey man, come on in", I said.
"Can't right now but wanted to tell ya that when I got home today your bike was on its side."
Tears instantly rise.
"Which one?!?!?!?"
"The one with the cover on it." (The M50)
Tears start flowing.
"WHAT??!?!?!?!"

We head out to the parking lot and uncover the bike. Anyone who's lived in Colorado knows how strong the wind can be and it had actually thrown it over on the high side. :(

So as I get the cover off I hear something rattling around. <MOTHER FUDGER!!> As I get the cover off I hear something hit the concrete and grab the flashlight to see what the heck it was. I find it and see what is left of my ISO grip. It broke right off at the first weak part where the rubber is on both sides. Helmet lock, busted, Throttle boss... Good still. I start inspecting the rest of the bike and it looks like the mirrors broke free and swung to the middle before it fell so no damage there. Tank with the purty paint... No damage. Peddle was fine but a little scratch on the rear brake. Exhaust had one ding in it and was actually small enough that it could be mistaken for a rock ding.

All in all my tears dried up and it looks as if the right grip took the grunt of the punishment. Time to put the bikes in a buddy's garage, and THEN put the cover on. ;)

TT
Number one...That sucks.

Number two...Where the hell ya been?

P.S. Maybe a human knocked the bike over? You know....instead of cow tipping. Hog tipping?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
intimid8er said:
Number two...Where the hell ya been?

P.S. Maybe a human knocked the bike over? You know....instead of cow tipping. Hog tipping?
Thanks for the welcome back guys. Been very busy with work and been back out on the dating scene a bit. No riding to do, so had to do something. Kicked the friend with benefit to the curb so I've been looking and doing a bit of serial dating lately.

Tim, I really really hope that it wasn't a human. You know some of my tainted history... I'd hate to have to shoot a neighbor. ;)

Sean's right... The cover made the perfect sail and picked it up and threw it on its right side. :( Live an learn.

·
Registered
335 Posts
TT, I'd check on my bike, but it's still gone :eek:crap:

We did have some gusty winds yesterday. Went to pick my kid up and felt like I was going to blow away. Never did hear what the gusts were and that was on the east side of town (Dublin and Austin Bluffs).

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
hey you guys up there in colorado. you wouldn't happen to know anyone who wants to buy a nice slightly used mobile home in denver, would you?

1 - 20 of 3869 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.