Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post links to any threads you think should be moved here.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Clint, this new section looks great!

Do you have any threads on the BMW K1200R? Or any of the other super standards from KTM, Aprilla, Ducati, Yamaha (FZ1), MV, Triumph? If so IMHO, I think this would be a good home for them too.

B-Rex

·
Registered
297 Posts
What constitutes a Super Standard? Since it's super, isn't it no longer standard :D
That's a great question. I first saw the term "Super Standard" in Cycle World and then Sport Rider and subsquently a few other mags and forums. It seems to me (and I could be wrong, this is the best definition I've found so far though) that a super standard is a bike with standard ergos, equipment configuration and having little, if any fairing and is powered by a sport bike mill. Like the B-King having the Hayabusa engine.

If anyone has an "official" definition, I'd love to hear it.

B-Rex

·
Registered
297 Posts
Though, thinking about the above definition, it might be too limiting.

I will go "search" for a proper definition.

B-Rex

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For me, it started with the 1100's of yesteryear and now includes the Bandit, the ZRX, and almost any other "liter" standard like the FZ1 and SV1000.

·
Registered
297 Posts
For me, it started with the 1100's of yesteryear and now includes the Bandit, the ZRX, and almost any other "liter" standard like the FZ1 and SV1000.

I think you're right. Now that I think about it, I've seen several bikes listed as "super standards" that had unique mills...not necessarily sport bike derived. Your definition makes more sense.

B-Rex

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I should mention that they require handlebars as opposed to clipons.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi all just another B-King owner here looking in... I own a Black on Black B-King and a 2000 red and silver Busa. My wife rides a red 2000 Bandit 1200S.

·
Premium Member
20,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome. Apparently you have a household allergy to puny engines. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome. Apparently you have a household allergy to puny engines.
LOL I guess you could say that please check out my home page link. From time to time my wife and I love to drag race the Mustang or the cycles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts