Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MotorcycleForums.net is a friendly community dedicated to Motorcycles of all makes and models and Riding in general.

Our goal is to be the place to go to when you have Motorcycle questions or problems.

To keep the place friendly, we ask that every new member post up an introduction thread letting us know a little bit about themselves, their current (and future) rides and toys, etc.

Please help us keep this site friendly and informative! Thanks in advance.

To create your own introduction thread, click here. Create New Introduction Thread

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello I just picked up a 1980 gs 850 as a project bike I can get it to start and sort of idle
Anything I need to check or good mods I should consider while I have it torn apart ?
Thanks

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hello!
New rider as of November. Still learning on my bike. Bought an 03 Ninja 250R for 550.00 which was a STEAL! Even if I have to replace the clutch. I love riding and I ride even when it's a little too cold but I love it! I honestly learned to ride on youtube... Well shift because I had no idea and I learned and I stay away from other vehicles as much as possible on the road. I don't take chances with my bike cause I don't take chances with my life... Be safe out there all!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys. Just started riding motorcycles in February. It's something I've always wanted to do and I got my first bike, a Yamaha TTR 225 street legal enduro. Learned to ride on that and just yesterday got a great deal on a 1998 Honda Magna and I love it. 8)It's in very good shape with low miles but hesitates a bit when it's cold and I get a quiet intermittent popping sound from the pipes when decelerating. Looking forward to sharing some stories and getting some knowledge from some experienced riders and mechanics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I am new to the site and wanted to say hello, and thanks in advance for any help and information that I am sure to find here :).

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i am tracy, i am a biker and a law student, im 34 years old from bradford west yorkshire uk. i live with my partner steve, he brought me my motorbike home 3 days ago as a suprise, biking runs in my family.my uncle has his own business. ive always been a big fan of cruiser bikes and american choppers, harleys.and now im well pleased ive got my own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK.....so you might want to add at least a STATE to your location information for us dummies !! :mrgreen:
Not a matter of anyone being dummies for not knowing what or where JBLM is.. just means they don't relate to where I presently am at.
I could say as I do elsewhere.. "east of the Narrows" I am equally sure that is just as confusing to anyone not knowing the Narrows or which narrows.. Mine is where galloping gertie (the first Narrows Bridge) went down in 1940

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Really it helps to spell it out, because this is just pure gobbledygook for people that live in other countries.

I know it is sometimes hard for some US citizens to comprehend there is a big wide world of english speakers and forum participants outside the USA.

This arcane military terminology and home town references just have no meaning for me for example. I thought you might be in an RN submarine based in Gibraltar.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Really it helps to spell it out, because this is just pure gobbledygook for people that live in other countries.

I know it is sometimes hard for some US citizens to comprehend there is a big wide world of english speakers and forum participants outside the USA.

This arcane military terminology and home town references just have no meaning for me for example. I thought you might be in an RN submarine based in Gibraltar.
I understand that there are many here who are from other parts of the world that are not the USA. I could just as easily confuse someones location of Harwich as meaning in the USA State of Massachusetts rather than a town near the eastern coast near Ipswich UK or Soho for meaning a neighborhood in Seattle Washington rather than a district in London UK. My point being that we all may have to ask if we really wish to know for certain and is why I told Easy Rider that the question did not make him/her or anyone else dummies.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
After your 5 posts on the subject of where you live I still have no idea where you're from!!

But welcome to the forum and watch out for the smart asses that lurk here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
New M50 owner introduction

Hello everyone. I'm a relative old timer here (55) but just acquired a 2005 Suzuki M50. It had almost no miles on it (400) and so it is virtually new to me and otherwise.

I'm currently living in the Phoenix, Arizona area, (yes it is hot here) and enjoy riding year round. I'm mostly employed doing consulting and design work on the Internet, building websites and maintaining them. The wife works at the post office as a carrier.

I operated several personal websites covering my internet work, photography and I donate my time doing a few christian websites. I guess I need to start a blog for my return to riding!

We had been touring around the US in our 40ft diesel pusher motorhome, had to sell the Honda Goldwing (7 years ago) before we left. So after the motorhome adventure, we've decided to stay put for awhile, as the Grandkids are here, and so I'm back to riding. I'm starting out small as you can tell, as the bike is the "second car" as a backup to get my 2up rider to work if needed. But it's my primary vehicle. I wanted something easy to run around town with. Some day, I'll get back a Gold Wing.

That's all I can think of to say. I love the M50 sub-forum, didn't know there was such a niche following.

K

1 - 20 of 134 Posts