Motorcycle Forum banner
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Yamaha XS1100, 1976 Honda CB550F
1 Posts
Hello guys and gals of the forum! My name is Troy, and I've been riding for most of my life, starting with a dirt bike when I was about 12 and moved into street bikes as soon as I got my DL. I've owned more bikes than I can even remember. My latest acquisition is a 1979 Yamaha XS1100 that I bought from the original owner with 9,400 miles on it. It needs a bit of work to bring it back to it's former glory as it has been sitting (garaged) for about 20 years, and I hope there are some Yamaha gurus here that would be kind enough to offer some guidance and wisdom to get her back on the road.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm a bit of an exception here:
I've never driven a motorcycle, but I do work on the design side, optimizing their aerodynamics.

With my startup (link removed), we work on the aerodynamics of (race) cars, (race) bikes, drones and so on.
So whenever we do a video that is motorbike related, I'll post it here!

If anyone has questions on motorbike aerodynamics, just drop me a message.

Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi everyone

new member AND a new motorcycle rider (WAY late in life!)

just a few years ago I got the 2 wheel bug with ratty, cheap little Chinese scooters... the inevitable happened and now I have just bought a 2009 'Zuki S40 Blvd.

I cannot believe I have waited this long to enjoy the thrill of riding a proper bike through some of the amazing roads in central Cali!

141 - 144 of 144 Posts