Motorcycle Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Hi All, Well tought I'd check in as its been a while. Update on the Glide, over 40,000 miles now with no problems after the poures case (primary) a few years ago. That was fixed under warrenty and they gave me an chrome inner as they had one in stock and I would have had to wait for the OEM one. Never get tired of riding it. My daily commuter and thats 600 miles a month without just ridng around for fun etc.

Later

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Hi All, Well tought I'd check in as its been a while. Update on the Glide, over 40,000 miles now with no problems after the poures case (primary) a few years ago. That was fixed under warrenty and they gave me an chrome inner as they had one in stock and I would have had to wait for the OEM one. Never get tired of riding it. My daily commuter and thats 600 miles a month without just ridng around for fun etc.

Later
Good to hear you're enjoying the ride and that she's been good to you,40K in pretty short order congrats.:bluethum:
I had to replace my stator/rotor and regulator a couple weeks ago on my 2000 EG Classic but the rotor was original at about 170,000 miles and the stator and reg. both had over 100,000 miles so no real complaints there,she runs like a raped ape and I expect to break the 200K mark on this bike.
You should have many years of miles and smiles left in your bike,my good riding buddy Herb is right there with you on his '08 Ultra and it's been a great bike too,seems to be a good year.
Have fun!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Hi All who cares............
Another update. Now at 50000 miles this last Friday. Bike still runs very nice. Need another tire for the rear and a rear rotor. This ones got 13000 miles on it and it gets a little drifty in corners. Its going to go in for the 50k check in about a month and that when it gets new sneekers and all checked out. I have had it 5 years this coming December 17th. I would buy another in a heartbeat if I can get the wife to let me! Other then oil and filter changes every 5 k I have done nothing to it. Did have one pucker moment though....going to stop last month and the rear brakes failed! When I stepped on the peddle in traffic it went to the floor board. The brake light switch blew out and dumped the fluid. Still a ball to ride. In July I knocked off a 550 mile day for brunch up in central Maine.
Till next time ride safe..........

Dave

121 - 126 of 126 Posts