Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just bough a 2014 Boulevard M50, and want to take care of it, noticed it takes 10-40 motorcycle oil, so I bought this:
www.searchforparts.com/motorcycle-oil-change/suzuki-2014-boulevard-m50-805
since it looks solid and I am harsh on the bike and rev it hard...just wondering what oils do you use for your bikes?

My friend insists that it doesn't matter, he puts Super Tech he gets from Walmart, but hardly rides it, I told him my situation was different.

·
Super Moderator
13,411 Posts
Your friend likely will be sorry......eventually.....because "car" oil will eventually damage the clutch.

But YOU likely will be sorry eventually too because the "cruiser" bike that you have wasn't designed to be "rev'ed hard" either.

Truth is that any name brand MOTORCYCLE oil should be just fine and synthetic a bit better.
But you can't protect an engine from damage due to abuse just by the oil that you use.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, just bough a 2014 Boulevard M50, and want to take care of it, noticed it takes 10-40 motorcycle oil, so I bought this:
www.searchforparts.com/motorcycle-oil-change/suzuki-2014-boulevard-m50-805
since it looks solid and I am harsh on the bike and rev it hard...just wondering what oils do you use for your bikes?

My friend insists that it doesn't matter, he puts Super Tech he gets from Walmart, but hardly rides it, I told him my situation was different.
For my M50, I use synthetic blend. I switched from full synthetic to this blend because the gear changes were not smooth with full synthetic. But that just might be my bike and riding style.
So far this oil works well for me:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts