Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Holidays everybody, I have a an '08 M50 and $1000 dollars extra from overtime and stuff, what would you do to your bike? All I've done is put a drag bar on it but would probably need need tires towards the summer.... Any suggestions?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well i would get all the safety related things sorted first like tyres, break pads, a decent service etc then look for a nice slash cut/or drag pipe exhaust system that makes the V twin sound like it should. Any change can go towards some fun bits and pieces that always look so cool on a cruiser. Custom leather seats and touring leather bags come to mind but you may have to save up a bit more. Let us know what you manage to get with your $1000 and maybe post a coiuple of pictures.:bluethum:

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
depends. a new saddle w/ backrest was a must for me. same with saddle bags and a small windshield. those were my 1st purchases, you can probably get 2 of those in your budget, unless ya find a great deal.

niceties are iso grips and cooley's risers, john's forward controls. and they're all pretty cheap and easy to do. and help alot if your taller.

pipes are a common upgrade, havent bothered to replace mine. one day i'll probly just drill mine out. see numerous postings about drilling and replacement pipes.
i did add a fuel process and new intake. which fixed some low end bog down issues ( the stock fuel maps are not the greatest, rather they're there for the epa to be happy).

might also consider a really nice helmet.

i went comfort/convenience before fiddling with anything else.

a good chunk of the accessories for the C 50 will bolt onto the M with no problems. which helps selection a bit. just ask if you have questions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I've started so far ....

First, I did get some new tires, Michelin Wide Whitewalls...what do think?...Next, is to wrap the exhaust and find a comfortable Apehanger and extend the cables !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
If there is a loan on the bike I would put the money on that. If not then I would get forwards, pegs, and some removable hard saddlebags.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'd set up a list of stuff I'd like to do, submit it to my wife, and then figure out what to do with the 100 bucks she'd let me spend on the bike.

Seriously. That's what I'm doing with my tax return.

:)

Sent by middle finger express

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Gman Bully or other fuel processor, upgrade air intake, 2 inch risers, new pipes ~ are about the most popular M50 mods. Then a shield and bags.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts