Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had just bought my GSXR 600 and installed frame and swingarm sliders.

At my work place, I have to park uphill on a steep incline. When I am leaving work at night I have to carefully back down the hill and turn my handlebars as sharp as I can due to the narrow and akward parking lot. About three quarters of the way around, it starts to tip slowly. It was too late, the weight was too much and I did the most SLOW MOTION tip over ever.

One of my co-workers watched the whole ordeal and was cracking up. I was pissed thinking I destroyed the fairing which I had waxed twice that morning. Lucky for me, the sliders took ALL the impact and there was absolutely NO damage.

Just figures that stupid things can happen even when you are being careful.

· Registered
1,926 Posts
I was washing my first sportbike, a Kawi Ninja 250. I started it up to make sure I didn't get any water in the carbs. When I leaned down to inspect it on the left slide, the rag I was using to wipe it off, Grabbed the shift lever and pulled it down. I kicked into first and died instantly (Thanks to the kickstand cutoff). But it moved enough to lurch forward, and slow motion fell on me. Glad it was only a 250, it was light enough to push back up off me. Embarrasing for me, even though no one else witnessed it.

· Premium Member
20,974 Posts
Your preparation paid off, Jaydog. Good work. And Chris, well, flesh before fiberglass, right? :wink:

I tipped both Jolene and myself over at a convenience store exit once. Pulled up to the stop sign and put my foot where I thought the ground should be. It wasn't. The edge of the road sloped away sharpely, and over we went. Damaged my ego and little else.

· Registered
3,027 Posts
I was riding in the mountains here in California a few years ago when I saw an interesting campground I wanted to check out. So I'm doing the 5mph tour on a narrow but clean road. Then the road dropped down steep to a small creek. I decide to brake and contimplate crossing the creek. All the while the kids are admiring the cool sport bike going through camp. So I'm nearly stopped at the waters edge pointing downhill when the front end completely washes out. I was so busy deciding to cross or not, I didn't notice the sand. :( Once the momentum started I couldn't stop it. Just some minor damage to the sliders which saved the rest of the bike. Sure felt like an idiot that day. :cry:

· Registered
879 Posts
Decided that I was gonna show off for a group of girls that was outside of one of their houses, lifted the front up and all was good. Saw a pot hole coming up kinda quick like so I put the front back down a LOT faster than I planned and squished the "bag-o-life" like never before. Luckily where I was headed was only a couple of houses down so I pulled in and just sat there for a couple of minutes before attempting to trust myself to move. My boy came outside to see why I was just sitting in his driveway and right about that time some of the girls came by to see if I was ok, they said they could hear my scream through the helmet and over my exhaust so figured I hurt myself pretty good.
Ofcourse I said I was fine and tried to play it off, but I still couldn't move for a bit after that. Not a great way to meet women but it does work

· Registered
3,190 Posts
Right after I first got my Kawasaki Concours, I had it in my work parking lot up on the centerstand (Mistake #1). Not being used to a bike this tall and heavy, I get next to it and push it off the stand. (Mistake #2) Of course, the parking lot is sloped and I am on the uphill side (Mistake #3). The big bike goes over and breaks the right footpeg, footpeg bracket, and airscoop. Being stupid is embarrassing, but it keeps Ron Ayer's motorsports parts department in business. 8)

· Registered
160 Posts
Let's see, there was this one time when I was pulling into the school bicycle parking area and grab my front brakes and fall over to the left in front of everyone. Haha beat that.

And, once I got caught out in a hellish storm in front of University of Texas, and fell over to the left and had to ride down a side-walk. To make it more interesting, I couldn't make left turns after that.

There was this other time, I was wearing my friends jacket and rolled in mud after going straight into a ditch. Riding home really sucked for me as you can imagine all covered in wet mud.

Okay, thats it for now, until some one posts something more embarrassing than this.

· Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let's see, there was this one time when I was pulling into the school bicycle parking area and grab my front brakes and fall over to the left in front of everyone. Haha beat that.

And, once I got caught out in a hellish storm in front of University of Texas, and fell over to the left and had to ride down a side-walk. To make it more interesting, I couldn't make left turns after that.

There was this other time, I was wearing my friends jacket and rolled in mud after going straight into a ditch. Riding home really sucked for me as you can imagine all covered in wet mud.

Okay, thats it for now, until some one posts something more embarrassing than this.

I dont know why; but for some reason it seems like you were drunk when you wrote this.

· Registered
935 Posts
jaydog19833 said:

I dont know why; but for some reason it seems like you were drunk when you wrote this.

LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jaydog, I agree... actually, it almost seems like he was drunk on each of those instances too! :shock:

And what's with the "lefty" issues Fox?? :p

· Registered
935 Posts
I don't have any REALLY embarrassing moments, but just one that was kind of a D'oh!, and I just had to laugh at myself...

There were 3 of us riding, and when we stopped to get something to eat, I just rode into the parking space, and pulled up pretty close to the curb, without thinking. Went in, ate, came out and got back on the bikes. Turned mine on, and started to push the bike out (mind you, I'm only 5'6" and the bike is NOT lowered, so I'm solidly on the balls of my feet, but my heels don't touch all the way). So...I'm pushing, and pushing, and my bike goes no where! I look down, and realize that my front wheel was in the downward slope at the edge of the curb in the parking space! Duh!! There is no way, I can back out UPhill while practially on my tip toes. WHAT was I thinking by not backing into the parking space.

Anyway, one of my friends finally takes pity on me, gets off his bike, and literally PULLS me out of the parking space... :?

· Registered
160 Posts
Okay, okay I confess, I may have been little drunk. Posting while under the influence can be dangerous and very embarrassing.

LoL, I really don't what the problems is with lefty. Like that last wreck, hmm, yep, it was on the left side again. Now that I think about it, I laid it over 3 times on the left and once on the right, averaging one wreck per year. So by this time next year, I should have one more accident. Doh chances favor, it'll be on the left side again so don't fix it. :p

· Registered
49 Posts
I had just started riding when this happened.

I was riding down the street at a slow enough speed and I saw some friends of mine on my right side. Instead of waving with my left hand, I made the mistake of taking my hand off the throttle to wave. This caused the bike to stop accelerating which I wasn't prepared for. I slid forward on the bike and kicked my left foot down to stable myself, which sent me into the high curb on the right side. Didn't tip it, just scraped my engine and pipes. It was a beat up bike anyway... but now I always wave with my left hand.

· Registered
107 Posts
I don't know about embarrasing.....but I was a sight when I got home. Back in my college years, I was at WSU in western washington. Spent a summer there. It was a sunny Friday in Pullman, and decided to ride home for the weekend..... Didn't think to check the weather in Seattle (home), or maybe the weather across the state. It's about 370 miles. It was sunny and 85 in Pullman. Got on the bike wearing long pants and a longsleve shirt (ok.....was stupid not to wear any gear)...oh..I did manage a helmut.... Long story short... It started raining about in the middle of the trip home. Not just light rain... But cloud bursts...was like riding through a waterfall the raing kept up pretty much all the way home. I looked like a drowned rate most of the ride home. The worst part was going over Snoqualme Pass. It was cloudy, foggy, and COLD.... By the time I got to Seattle I was having trouble feeling my hands and generally moving..... Made it home, stood in the shower till it ran out of hot water...... Thankfully the weather changed to warm and clear for the ride back to school.

· Registered
1,668 Posts
I had just gotten my first bike...a brand new '98 Ninja 500. I drove it over to my best friend's house one afternoon. He had a gravel driveway. We decided to leave later that night to go back to my place to play video games. As I was leaving out of his gravel driveway, my front tire sank into the gravel and I couldn't turn or steer out of it. Down I went on the right side. Luckily I got out of it with just a broken turn signal. He was the only one that saw it happen, but it was still embarrasing.

· Registered
85 Posts
Two stories.

The first happens to all of us but continues to annoy me. For some stupid reason, I can do everything on a bike, but complete 100% of my starts from stoplights in which I pull up in the middle of everyone. The last one of these was a cute chick I was looking at, light went green and I stalled it. I can feel everyone wondering why I pulled in front of them in the first place as they try to get around me while I am hot starting my bike.

Here's the good one. And cooincidently one of the last times I packed another dude on my bike. I used to ride in hawaii (no helmet law, no helmet) with buddies on my 500 shadow (all beat up) alot. This one night we were going clubbing, so here we are in nice shoes, clean pants, and clubbing shortsleeve shirts, with our hair all gelled and smelling like 2 dollar whores, when a group of girls pulls up and all start dying laughing at me and my buddy butt huggin each other on this crappy ass bike all pimped out. Last time I did that!

· Registered
3,027 Posts
dmdan said:
Two stories.

Here's the good one. And cooincidently one of the last times I packed another dude on my bike. I used to ride in hawaii (no helmet law, no helmet) with buddies on my 500 shadow (all beat up) alot. This one night we were going clubbing, so here we are in nice shoes, clean pants, and clubbing shortsleeve shirts, with our hair all gelled and smelling like 2 dollar whores, when a group of girls pulls up and all start dying laughing at me and my buddy butt huggin each other on this crappy ass bike all pimped out. Last time I did that!
8) With that I think you are in 1st place! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.