Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody I'm currently looking for strong durable bungee cords to hold down some things on the back of my 2012 dyna street bob..ive looked all over the web and cant seem to find a good looking set that is strong...can someone help me out and refer me to a usa company and not some china junk...please help!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
12,214 Posts
and cant seem to find a good looking set that is strong...
Good looking OR strong, take your pick. :mrgreen:

Strong ones can be found at farm supply stores, truck stops and maybe "big box" retailers.
But they are "ugly" black rubber with un-padded metal hooks.
The rubber tends to weather if left out so the ends where the hooks attach need to be inspected regularly.

What makes you think that the "standard" bungee cords are not strong enough for what you need to do ?
Maybe a ratcheting strap would work better ??

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,182 Posts
I would be a bit worried if a standard bungee cord can't hold what you're transporting - remember, bikes are not normally designed for a lot of weight.

I have a "Bungee Cargo Net" (you can search for it on Amazon) which works fine for jackets and other stuff that is bulky but light. I've strapped down my backpack (with a laptop) on the seat as well, since I would rather not land on it if I happen to do an involuntary dismount. It works fine, but I do find myself reaching back to make sure that everything is still sitting tight on occasion.

For longer rides, I have a set of luggage designed to fit on the bike (since I don't often travel with the bike, I didn't want a topcase or sidebags permanently mounted). It connects to the bike with straps and plastic buckles and can be secured in less than 5 minutes.

While surfing the web, I ran across this site: Rock straps, The utimate stretch straps
It looks like they may have what you are looking for (I have never dealt with them, so I have no idea about their service or prices).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts