Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used 2001 Intruder 800 and am working on getting the rear brake light working, the light works for the front brake. I found that the cable from the rear brake pedal to the brake light switch is broken. I can't seem to find this cable anywhere though. Maybe I'm searching using the wrong terms? Any help on where to find this would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
12,534 Posts
Finding parts for a 19 year old bike can be a real problem.
If you are looking for a "new" replacement part, you might have to buy a rear brake switch "assembly" that would come with the cable. But that is just a guess.
I suggest that you first visit a parts desk at a Suzuki dealer.
If that doesn't help, then check with a couple of independent bike shops. They might be able to make up one for you from scratch.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finding parts for a 19 year old bike can be a real problem.
If you are looking for a "new" replacement part, you might have to buy a rear brake switch "assembly" that would come with the cable. But that is just a guess.
I suggest that you first visit a parts desk at a Suzuki dealer.
If that doesn't help, then check with a couple of independent bike shops. They might be able to make up one for you from scratch.
Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to try both those options. Not used to hunting down bike parts yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts