Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty new (150 miles) C50 owner and just wondering what would be a good first investment, a windshield or aftermarket pipes.

Would I get much better performance with less restrictive pipes? Conversely, how much power would be lost with a 2-up windsheild?

· Registered
119 Posts
My very first modification was a windshield...well worth the money!

Shortly after that I purchased a V&H exhuast, K&N's, and Stage two jet kit, and a few other things. However, I am glad I got the windshield first.

· Registered
187 Posts
Postpone Performance Enhancements

I agree with Matt C. The windshield is a big comfort item. In my opinion, performance enhancements should be postponed until the engine is properly broken-in a few thousand miles at least.

· Registered
5,192 Posts
If you ride down the road thinking, "Man, I wish I had a windshield so the wind didn't hit me in the chest", then buy a windshield. I have been riding for 20 years, and have NEVER ONCE thought that, so I would rather set my hair on fire than put a windshield on my bike. Only you can decide this.
If you ride down the road thinking, "Man, I wish this bike was louder", then buy a set of pipes or slip ons. If you think, "Man, I wish this bike had more power" then buy a full set of pipes, some K&N filters, and a jet kit. Again, only you can decide.

· Registered
646 Posts
I agree with the good Doctor. It is really all personal preference. The first thing I've done to my bikes was add a windshield because I would rather ride with one. Regarding performance, most bikes out of the box offer plenty of performance. You have to ask yourself, how fast is fast enough. Bottom line on modifications, you can spend as much as you're hoss enough to spend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.