Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How tall are you? I'm 6' 1" how tall a windshield do I need to keep the wind off my helmet? The factory windshield sucks.

I am 6'1" The factory windshield on my 2015 Vaquero sucks. How tall a windshield do I need to stop the wind from smacking me to in the forehead?

·
Administrator
232 Posts
Are you sure the wind is coming over the windshield and not coming up from the forks? Sometimes that's the true cause of buffeting and fork wind deflectors help in that regard.

·
Super Moderator
14,037 Posts
Are you sure the wind is coming over the windshield and not coming up from the forks? Sometimes that's the true cause of buffeting and fork wind deflectors help in that regard.
This.
Are you an accomplished enough rider so that you can ride "no hands" for a ways ?
If so, get up to 40 MPH or so on a road with no traffic and then cross your arms across your chest.
You might be surprised at the difference.
If it really IS wind coming over the top, it might be partly from the sides too.

If you do get a bigger windshield, I strongly recommend one that is a bit wider as well as taller.

I spent several thousand dolllars over the course of 40 years trying to find a shield that I liked.
NONE of them worked........until I got a "fairing" from Memphis Shades.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How tall are you? I'm 6' 1" how tall a windshield do I need to keep the wind off my helmet? The factory windshield sucks.

I am 6'1" The factory windshield on my 2015 Vaquero sucks. How tall a windshield do I need to stop the wind from smacking me to in the forehead?
I had a 2004 Yamaha Roadstar. I added a WindVest screen. I found size is not the issue, it's deflection angle. They make them in 14" and 16". I am 5'8". I opted for the 14". I could adjust it so the wind went OVER my helmet AND (this is very impirtant) I looked OVER my wind screen. Nothing worse than the top edge of the screen bein in the center of your forward field of vision. Just my take on it based on personal experience For you I would suggest the 16". Call them and talk to them. Also listen to the others on this forum. Your solution will be revealed. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts