Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I have a two cylinder 250cc motor and i will use it for my project. it doesnt has any wire on it. so i am trying to build it. i made some progress but i can't make it start. my question is that how can i connect two spark plugs with one wire on CDI? ı look at the diagram at manual but i can't make any sense of it. if someone help me, thanks in advance. sry for typing mistakes because of the language settings !

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,035 Posts
Just a wild guess here because none of the diagrams are readable:

You connect both plugs to that one HV wire.
A spark goes to both cylinders each time it fires.
One piston is at TDC on the compression stroke where it needs to fire.......and the other piston is at the end of the exhaust stroke and that spark is "wasted".

And if you think that is confusing, don't ever try to figure out the ignition system for a I-4 engine.

I may be WAY off base too.

"Basket cases" like this are almost ALWAYS a mistake for a first time engine project.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

One piston is at TDC on the compression stroke where it needs to fire.......and the other piston is at the end of the exhaust stroke and that spark is "wasted".

And if you think that is confusing, don't ever try to figure out the ignition system for a I-4 engine.

"Basket cases" like this are almost ALWAYS a mistake for a first time engine project.
thanks for the input but already tried that. it doesnt work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

i could have picked another engine but i like challeges :) thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts