Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been looking everywhere for a leather vest for my wife. ANyone know of a site with plus size leather vests that are close to true to size? They are all small, and I need plus size. Please help!!

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
This is somewhat like getting a helmet that fits right.
I suggest that you visit some actual motorcycle shops......even Harley maybe.
Hopefully you will find what you need and will know what your are getting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I have looked at Harley, and no luck. All tye ones we find have side lacing, which she does not want. Any other suggestions

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You could be right, hey, have you ever heard of "Matagear"? I ordered a vest on 7/28, and have not heard anything from them since an email saying the order is being processed. I feel like I may have been scammed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You don't think that is to long? Also, I have tried to contact them via their "contact" section and no reply. I tried calling, the phone is disconnected, and emails come back as failure, because that doesn't exist anymore. It is pretty weird to me.

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
You don't think that is to long? Also, I have tried to contact them via their "contact" section and no reply. I tried calling, the phone is disconnected, and emails come back as failure, because that doesn't exist anymore. It is pretty weird to me.
No. The simple fact that it has not been shipped in 7 days is not necessarily bad.

All of the OTHER bad signs, however, probably mean that you are screwed.
I suggest that you dispute the charge.

And if you paid for it with a method that does not HAVE a dispute resolution mechanism.......then stop doing that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I used a credit card, do I go on there and dispute it? I found two more websites associated with them. Neither contact method works, and the phone numbers are disconnected. I am so disappointed right now, and have no idea where else to.look for a vest.

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
So I used a credit card, do I go on there and dispute it?

and have no idea where else to.look for a vest.
Probably best to CALL the help number listed on the back of your card.
Have all of the information ready at hand.

Then.......are you listening........shop at BIG bike shops in the nearby area.
And look at MENS sizes.
Most big shops have web sites too if there aren't any actually near to you.

I know that you are frustrated right now but......you need to get over that and move on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You think a mans vest will follow the beautiful curves of a woman? I find mens outdoor wear (jackets, vests) to be biring straight cut things. Not flattering (not that I need flattering) I just feel it wouldn't excentuate a womans beautiful body. Maybe I'm way off base. My wife is beautiful, and I want her to feel that way on her Harley, in her vest. There has still been no movement on that order, I think I need to call.

·
Super Moderator
13,850 Posts
Well you can either:
Keep beating yourself up because you can't GET what you WANT.
Or you can change your expectations just a little.
Your choice.
Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts