Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 gsxr600 and I ride it often but yesterday when I went to start it, then fuel injectors came on for a second and then started clicking. It sounds like a computer failure but I'm not sure and I know that's a pretty expensive thing to fix. After it clicks a few times the F1 light comes on, then I go to try and start it and it turns over but never starts.

·
Super Moderator
13,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Easiest things first.
Check the battery. Sometimes when they get weak, the electronics can fail but the starter will still turn over.
If it still has the original factory battery, odds are great that you need a new one......whether it is the cause of this problem or not.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Find the dealer plug and jump the connector to get it into fault mode. There will be a fault code shown on the dash...if its isnt the battery...go to a specific forum for details of where the dealer plug is, what wires need to be jumped and what if any codes shown mean.

good luck

·
Super Moderator
13,086 Posts
Since nobody else has any experience to offer yet................

I suggest that it's more likely a fuel pump problem and that you probably will have to have a dealer visit to sort it out.
A lot of things on modern electronically controlled engines just aren't user serviceable.......for most users.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Fuel pump would show as a fault code...then you would be certain....the only time it wouldnt is if the filters are blocked but it would be unusual to cause the injectors to click. A fault code is your best bet....even if its via a dealer. If non showing then suspect the pump filters. It is not beyond basic testing to see if you are getting the correct fuel delivery....the obvious first stop would be plugs...dry means its fuel related and more likely the pump.

On some FI bikes the injectors themselves have a separate fuel filter....highly unlikely that all would fail but not impossible given today's crap fuel supplies.

good luck and do post your findings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts