Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought mine used without a test drive, why?!

The second bike I ever rode in my life was my friends dad's c50. I was scared sh*tless to get on it, but once I did, the darn thing drove itself! So I was hooked, and to my pleasant surprice I learned that there was a NON-GRANPA version of this bike... the M50!!! Now... I was a man on a mission, find a used M50! A week of searching on craigslist, and there she was!

This was going to be my first bike, I didn't have my "M" on the driver's license, yet, and of course no cycle insurance either. For these reasons the owner said: "you ein't riding this thing!". He sat me on the bike started it up let me hear it. The stock exhaust note without baffles got me instantly, so did the aggressive seating position. But even aside all that, I was sold before I even showed up at the guys house! I had the cash and already knew I was leaving there with the title in my hand. And so the ride began....

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I bought mine used without a test because I read many posts in here about how great the bike was. The seller wanted to me to test it. I told him that when it's in my name I will ride it. He rode it into my pickup and away I went, smiling all the way. I'm still smiling.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Bought my 09 new this year without a test ride. Putting it away with 6300 miles on her. Yea I think I like it lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my used C50T from a dealer without driving it. I was new to riding and just received my M1. I didn't even bother asking because I was a new rider and had no insurance. Love the bike--ride, look and feel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought mine used from a newspaper ad...without a test drive. I just sat on it. I was offered to test ride it, I didn't know anything about riding...the owner had to start it for me...this is my first bike...and I did not have my license when I bought it. Yes I had my 2006 M50 in my garage, but couldn't ride it until I got my license. I am now a graduate of the BRC, and 2years, ~ 6000 miles, one incident, later....I am absolutely loving my M50. One of the best decisions I've made. Ride Safe!!!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I bought mine used from a newspaper ad...without a test drive. I just sat on it. I was offered to test ride it, I didn't know anything about riding...the owner had to start it for me...this is my first bike...and I did not have my license when I bought it. Yes I had my 2006 M50 in my garage, but couldn't ride it until I got my license. I am now a graduate of the BRC, and 2years, ~ 6000 miles, one incident, later....I am absolutely loving my M50. One of the best decisions I've made. Ride Safe!!!
What was your incident?

·
Registered
24 Posts
QZephyr, my first incident was in my neighborhood and a cager ran a stop sign. I did my emergency breaking, however they don't teach reflex response in class. I pulled the handlebars to the right, next thing I know I'm picking my self up from the ground. My last incident, I was hit in a NJ traffic circle.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
QZephyr, my first incident was in my neighborhood and a cager ran a stop sign. I did my emergency breaking, however they don't teach reflex response in class. I pulled the handlebars to the right, next thing I know I'm picking my self up from the ground. My last incident, I was hit in a NJ traffic circle.
Damn man, I've been sitting here for two and a half years waiting for your answer. Now I can go shower and shave, :lol4:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was searching the local Craigslist ads while deployed just seeing what was out there. Found 2008 M50 w/7000mi's and sent the link to my to see what she thought just joking around even though I really didn't want to pass on the deal. She said you should contact him to see if its still available, i thought she was playing with my emotions. After about an email or two she sends me a pic and said "look at your new bike" i was happier than a fat kid in a Hostess factory handing out free twinkies. My father-in-law who knows bikes very well test drove it for me and told the wife you better buy it or he was. So no i have not sat on it, rode it, or seen it in person but after reading reviews and and listening to you guys I know I wont be disappointed. Once I get back from deployment I'll post more pics and let you know what I think.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts