Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from down under.
Just joined this web site & finding my way.
Not sure which forum to use but looking to share info with other XF650 owners.
Search engine doesn't bring up much but there must be some other Freewind owners (past or present) who visit here.
In the meantime I'm enjoying all the other Suzuki topics & information - a great site.

XF650

·
Still crazy after all these years
14,184 Posts
G'Day XF650 ... I'm not familiar with that model ... is it an enduro or off-roader?

Anyway, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for comparing the Freewind to the VStrom - that's quite a complement. I guess they are similair in their design, with the emphasis being on comfort for touring while retaining off road ability. Obviously there is a similarity in style between the XF & the BMW F650.
The XF650 & DR650 share the same motor, with the addition of twin carbs & bigger valves for the XF. The power is very smooth for a thumper & it's great fun in the twisties plus handles gravel with ease.
The Freewind wasn't a big mover for Suzuki in NZ, with only 40 units being sold between 1997 & 2003. From what I have read on the web it seems their biggest market was in Europe.
I would be interested to see how many were sold in other countries.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
XF650 said:
only 40 units being sold between 1997 & 2003.
Thats quite sad. I think thats a pretty neat looking bike. If I needed something more then a total street bike I would have considered one. If they sold them here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello from down under.
Just joined this web site & finding my way.
Not sure which forum to use but looking to share info with other XF650 owners.
Search engine doesn't bring up much but there must be some other Freewind owners (past or present) who visit here.
In the meantime I'm enjoying all the other Suzuki topics & information - a great site.

XF650
Hi there, just seen this post. Have you still got your Freewind? I'm putting a single carb on mine at the moment. Cheers Glyn (NZ)

·
Super Moderator
12,659 Posts
Hi there, just seen this post. Have you still got your Freewind? I'm putting a single carb on mine at the moment. Cheers Glyn (NZ)
Sorry but I doubt you will get an answer.
That post is about 15 years old.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts