Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have a 2000 Yamaha blaster 200 and I just bought it so I don't know much. Heres my problem, ok first thing is when we bought it, it wouldn't start at all. It would kick over and backfire every kick or so. We replaced the plug, bent the reed values shut, checked the fly wheel (to make sure the keys not broken), cleaned the carb, and put fresh new 32:1 premix into the tank. When we started it wouldn't idle if you pushed the throttle half way, it would sputter but it wouldn't die, and if you gave it full throttle it would rev up and sound like normal. Any ideas why it wont rev normally? As soon as you let off the gas it will die. We tried to adjust the air screw and it didn't make any difference.

·
Super Moderator
12,350 Posts
bent the reed values shut,
First thing I would suggest is to get a new set of valves.
Not likely that you ham-fisted them into the right position; also they may have lost their tension over time.

After that, you need to KEEP the choke on for a while until it warms up.......and you need the stock air filter in it while testing.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Check the exhaust port and muffler for carbon build up...two strokes are reknowned for it. Also check to see if there are two adjusting screws...one for low and one for high speed. Then plug check to see if its rich or lean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts