Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to locate information about how the Yamaha engine guards install onto the Roadliner/Stratoliner. I can see how they attach to the bottom of the frame, but I cannot see how they attach to the top of the frame. Can someone who has installed these or knows how they are installed tell me the how they attach? I stopped by the Yamaha dealer and they could not tell me. How wierd is that? Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Yamaha bars come with a "J" shaped bracket that has a rubber damper in it. This bracket tucks under the frame near the triple tree area. See attachment.
Hope this helps
Scooper

·
Registered
2 Posts
looks like the factory bars sweep really far forward at the bottom. Interesting look. There are not a lot of good pictures of stratoliners with engine guards online. It's hard to decide. Is there a reason you like oem over factory?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Crash Bars

Maybe it's me ,but I thought (which is usually my 1st mistake) oem (original equipment manufacture) was the same as factory ...

·
Registered
39 Posts
looks like the factory bars sweep really far forward at the bottom. Interesting look. There are not a lot of good pictures of stratoliners with engine guards online. It's hard to decide. Is there a reason you like oem over factory?
Just like the way they sweep foward and not like every other bike you see.Also gives a little more leg room to the foot pegs. With me having a 36" inseam need all that extra room.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Yamaha bars come with a "J" shaped bracket that has a rubber damper in it. This bracket tucks under the frame near the triple tree area. See attachment.
Hope this helps
Scooper
Can you repost the picture I am having same issue with my new bars?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts