Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks! I'm new here as I've been kind've wasting time in the other m50 forums with very little response/feedback due to the season and all. Great info here!

I wanted to share 2 videos i posted on Youtube that may inspire some of you. I hope it's helpful! :bluethum:
WARNING: You may die from excitement!

1. Gear shift indicator:
YouTube - 2008 Suzuki M50 Digital Gear Indicator
I bought this on Ebay for about $145

2. Integrated LED Tail Kit. $99 - with stock clear signals
Before:
YouTube - 2008 Suzuki M50 Custom LED BEFORE
After:
YouTube - Suzuki M50 Custom LED AFTER INSTALL

I also put on this winter: Auburn Leather Vinyl Chubby bags w/ Ghost Brackets, Cobra Swept Floor Boards, and K&N Filter.

She already came with:
Cobra Street Rod Full Exhaust System
Fi2000 Power Commander
Carbon Fiber Look Gel Seat
M50 Carbon Fiber Frame Cover Trim
M50 Carbon Fiber Tank Trim
Kuryakyn ISO®-Flame Grips
Kuryakyn Stiletto End Caps for ISO-Grips
Kuryakyn ISO®-Throttle Boss™
Kuryakyn Rambo Knife Syle Mirrors
PIAA Xtreme White Plus H4 Anti Vibration Bulb
Clear lenses on the turning signals Front and Rear.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
Good video post. I keep telling myself I need to do the tail light mod, but I have yet to do it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dan - right now, i believe, you'll save on $7 on shipping. If i could do the MOD really ANYONE can!

·
M-J Member of the Month!!
2,758 Posts
Those are some bright leds.

Some people one here have asked about the gear indicator. They will be glad to see that. It looks like it is easy to see which I like. The one that is on my Gixxer is so low, I have to look down and make an effort to see it. It is the first time I have had a gear indicator, but they are nice. After 20+ years of ridding, I will still forget what gear I am in from time to time.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave - yeah, a very useful and easy install. I'm afraid that i will incorrectly downshift and lose control of the bike, i saw a video like that somewhere. Ride safe!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - i actually need to do a photo shoot when the weather clears up. I stuck it on the right handlebar riser (it has adhesive on back). It also could've gone on the right side brake fluid lid.
I do have a couple of pics - in the dark - that i could send you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
:plus1:

:welcomes: to the forum, and thanks.
Thanks - i actually need to do a photo shoot when the weather clears up. I stuck it on the right handlebar riser (it has adhesive on back). It also could've gone on the right side brake fluid lid.
I do have a couple of pics - in the dark - that i could send you.

I would show what it looks like on mine but I can't get the picture upload attachment feature to work - something wrong with the web site??? BTW, the added benefit to the gear indicator is that it is also a TRE (timing retard eliminator) which means that in gears 1-4 you get more torque. The first time out with it installed I was surprised by the increase when I shifted into second gear I felt the front wheel come up a little bit. Gotta be careful when road is slick or if you shift in a corner.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I would show what it looks like on mine but I can't get the picture upload attachment feature to work - something wrong with the web site??? BTW, the added benefit to the gear indicator is that it is also a TRE (timing retard eliminator) which means that in gears 1-4 you get more torque. The first time out with it installed I was surprised by the increase when I shifted into second gear I felt the front wheel come up a little bit. Gotta be careful when road is slick or if you shift in a corner.
This will tell you how to post Thumbnail photo that can be enlarged.

http://www.motorcycle-journal.com/forum/test-forum/12208-how-add-attachment-thumbnail.html

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well... that's a pretty schweet extra bonus! i didn't know that. but then again, i haven't really gotten a nice ride since i brought her home- darn weather!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Npoe - still didn't work. But you can see a picture that I posted on the " What did you do to your M50 today" thread. Go to my post (925) and you can see the gear indicator in the first thumbnail.

·
Registered
301 Posts
BTW, the added benefit to the gear indicator is that it is also a TRE (timing retard eliminator) which means that in gears 1-4 you get more torque. The first time out with it installed I was surprised by the increase when I shifted into second gear I felt the front wheel come up a little bit.
Come on dude...I would *only* believe that if you installed the "Tornado Air Management System" in the intake at the same time. Then it's _totally_ believable the front end lifted off the ground by accident.

·
Registered
38 Posts
can you post the seller or the actual name of the gear shift indicator. I would really love to add this to my bike. I was totally thinking of doing the LED integrated turn signals, but finally decided to keep the stockers on there so I doubt I will be doing that. However any info you can give me so I order the correct gear shift indicator would be GREATLY appreciated. This not only goes for post started but any other knowledgeable person on here as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Come on dude...I would *only* believe that if you installed the "Tornado Air Management System" in the intake at the same time. Then it's _totally_ believable the front end lifted off the ground by accident.
Didn't say "it lifted off the ground". Read the post. It did feel stronger and my perception is that the front lifted or extended the shock travel more than in the past and the wheel felt "light". From the GiPro web site: The built-in Advanced TRE improves part-throttle response in lower gears. It will also improve low end torque at full throttle and disable the speed limiter on certain bike models.

My impression is that it works. Believe what you want.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Question about the L.E.D tail lights and turn signals.....I have a 07 M50 and hav bought the "Run-Turn-Brake Controller".......does anyone than it installed...how do you like it....how long did it take to install?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I actually was told from the maker of that product that the TRE has no effect on the M50's as there is no timing retard in place. I am still probably going to get one though as I really thing the gear position is a great feature to have.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can you post the seller or the actual name of the gear shift indicator. I would really love to add this to my bike. I was totally thinking of doing the LED integrated turn signals, but finally decided to keep the stockers on there so I doubt I will be doing that. However any info you can give me so I order the correct gear shift indicator would be GREATLY appreciated. This not only goes for post started but any other knowledgeable person on here as well.
I got it on Ebay. In fact, he should be selling them in different colors as well.

Here is the link:
eBay Motors: C50 M50 Intruder 1800 VSR GIPRO DS-S01 GEAR INDICATOR!! (item 120352483839 end time Jan-18-09 10:21:16 PST)

Set up as "Buy it Now" for $144.99 - mention that PastorGumby referred you (it's not going to make any difference).

peace.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually, the model that i purchased does NOT have the TRE it is the simpler, smaller version - GI PRo DS.
Oh well... I can't have it all :whistle:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts